Mannum Progress Association Incorporated
'Advancing Regional Harmony Through Community Cooperation'
Postal address: PO Box 43, Mannum SA 5238 -
ABN 14 106 268 070.
Email Mannum Progress : email@example.com
- To foster the continuing developement of the resources of Mannum and surrounding districts and the improvement of its facilities for the benefit of residents, attracting new residents and offering greater facilities for short term and longer term tourists.
- To promote and develop higher standards of business management among present business enterprises, seek new ecologically friendly industries and businesses to improve employment potential, greater prosperity for the Community and greater facilities for the increase of tourism.
- To foster civic pride in Mannum and surrounding districts by actively promoting its natural beauty, resources and friendliness.
- To promote consultation, co-operation and co-ordination among its members and kindred bodies to achieve the objects of the Association.
- To initiate publicity, activities, fundraising and all things whatsoever designed to achieve the previously stated objects and to give Mannum and surrounding districts National tourism prominence.
- In achieving the above objects ensure that consultation be for the benefit of ALL residents of Mannum and surrounding areas.
- To maintain true and accurate minutes of the Association and all Sub Committee meetings for the use of and available to all residents.
1. Membership shall be open to all residents, business operators and organisations who are interested in the welfare and developement of Mannum and agree to abide by the constitution.
2. Members shall pay an annual subscription which shall be decided upon annually at the Annual General Meeting.
The Mannum Progress Association annually organises a large Christmas Pageant and street party on the 1st. Saturday in December. This is financed by sponsorship from local businesses and sponsorship for the fireworks provided by the Mannum Caravan Park Committee.
Over the years other major events have included:
- Debutante Ball for local teenagers
- 150th Anniversary of River Trade
- Mannum 150th Anniversary
- Week long events to commemorate the 1956 Flood
- 100th Anniversary of the PS Oscar W
- Progressive Dinner to raise funds to enable former Community College student to represent Australia as an athlete in the Beijing Paralympic Games
- Involvement in many minor fund raising events as seen fit
The Mid Murray Council is always supportive of events organised by the Mannum Progress Association and give financial and physical assistance wherever possible.
A small group of people run the Progress Association with the help of a considerable number of financial members and this is a forum for all members of the Community to discuss problems and suggestions for the benefit of the community.
Carol Greening OAM
Chairperson Mannum Progress Association